Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! Fall is in the air with the falling leaves and the crisp air. You know what that means?! Pumpkins of course! Pumpkin fully encompasses everything that is fall. With Thanksgiving this weekend who doesn’t want a healthy pumpkin pie alternative. I came up with Hemp to the Heart Pumpkin Pie Bites that have the perfect amount of crunch that taste just like a bite of pie. I’m not going to lie; I could probably eat the whole batch. Lucky for the boys I decided to share.
Why I love Hemp Hearts:
- They are oh so yummy
- You can literally add them to everything. Just open the bag and sprinkle on your salad, oatmeal, soup or smoothies. The sky is the limit!
- They are packed with protein. A whopping 10 gram per 30 gram serving. What’s not to love?!
On a side note, I’m so excited to announce that I will be teaming up with Running Moms to help coach the next team of learn to run 5km. The online group starts on Monday and if there is enough interest in Winnipeg, I will also coordinate run meet ups. However most of the coaching is done online. Here’s a link to the website to become part of the great community of running moms. Sign up now and start running 🙂
Hemp to the Heart Pumpkin Pie Bites
Makes 24 balls
- 2/3 cup dates (soak in water for 10 minutes then drain)
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll into balls and place in seal tight container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I’m so excited to announce my very first blog giveaway! I have teamed up with Manitoba Harvest to giveaway a bag of Hemp Hearts to one lucky reader. All you have to do is follow the link to enter. What’s your favorite way to eat Hemp Hearts? Let us know by commenting on this post and you’ll be entered to win a bag Hemp Heart! Contest closes Monday, October 12 at 12pm CST. Good luck!