Happy Friday!! The best news ever is that I passed the Fitness Theory exam!!! Now on to the next step which is the Group Resistance Training course. Starting tonight through the weekend I will be learning more about exercise and body movement. I’m so beyond excited! I can’t wait to start teaching classes and motivating women to be more active which has been a secret dream of mine for years. To see my dreams become a reality is so exhilarating I can’t even explain it. I’ll be keeping you post on how my course is going on Instagram (link) this weekend. Be sure to check it out and give me some words of encouragement along the way, I will need it.
Remember when I talked about all the yummy veggies I was getting from my garden (link)? Well last week I did some experimenting with zucchini and came up with the most delicious protein rich chocolate zucchini muffins. The boys just loved them and couldn’t get enough either. Even my pregnant girlfriend stopped by and sampled some and couldn’t believe they were “healthy”. I’ll take that as a guarantee that these muffins are a sure winner and blog worthy. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Protein Rich Chocolate Zucchini Muffins:
Makes 48 mini muffins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Vega)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Mix together zucchini, plain greek yogurt, applesauce, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, protein powder, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Combined the flour mixture with the wet ingredients.
- Spray 2 mini muffin tin with non stick coconut oil spray.
- 6.Fill muffin tin and sprinkle 3 chocolate chips on each muffin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.