Happy Friday folks! I can’t believe it’s already the weekend. Where did this week go? After a few crazy weeks I was finally able to unwind this week and take it easy. I was also able to catch up on house work and laundry. Thank goodness because it was starting to look like a mad house around here.
With that being said I know exactly how busy life can get, that’s why this week I have one of the easiest, fastest dinner recipes around. I love making this pulled pork! It’s great to make on a Monday to have leftovers for the week especially to add to salads at lunch. Just a heads up though, this recipe uses a stand mixer (I use a KitchenAide mixer) which helps makes this an easy recipe. If you don’t have one, no worries, the meat will be soft enough to shred by hand but it just might take a little longer.
Crockpot pulled pork:
Makes 6-8 servings
- 5-7 boneless pork chops
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup water
- Seasoning of choice ( I used Montreal Chicken)
- Place pork chops in crockpot and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Mix together bbq sauce and water. Pour slowly over pork chops.
- Place onions on top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- When pork has finished cooking, use a slotted spoon and transfer into a stand mixer with a flat beater.
- Blend on low for a few minutes to shred the meat to the level you like.
- Transfer pork back to the crockpot (If you don’t like it to with to much sauce I would suggest removing some sauce before adding the meat back).
Enjoy on your favorite bun topped with homemade coleslaw!
See you on the flip side