Hey all! I thought I’d give you an update on my knee/calf pain. Here’s a link to my last post where I talk about it. First off I haven’t run at all in over a week and a half, which is probably the hardest part. But on the plus side it does seem to be getting better. I went for a massage last Friday which I haven’t done in years and it felt amazing. I also went for an assessment at the physiotherapist and got treated. She thinks most likely the cause is really tight muscles in my hip, quad and calf. Her prescription is to heat, stretch and foam roll daily which I have been doing. Also she gave me a few isolated exercises to do to help strengthen my glutes and knee. I even managed to go to hot yoga yesterday which really stretched it out good. I have a physio appointment today and she said we would discus when I would be able to run again. I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s soon.
As some of you know I have a crazy sweet tooth. With all the stress from my injury it can get worse and sometimes it strikes hard in the evening. I like to make myself something healthy so not to have any guilt after indulging in chocolate. Here is my sweet tooth saver, chocolate lava protein cake. It is so gooey and delicious; you are going to fall in love with it just like I did.
Chocolate Lava Protein Cake:
makes 1 servings
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use vega)
- 2 tsp cocoapowder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp peanut butter (optional)
- 5 chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Be careful to not over stir.
- Place in microwave for 50 seconds on high. Keep an eye on it, you want it to still be gooey and a bit under cooked.
- Remove from microwave and sprinkle with chocolate chips
Side note: You can also add fresh fruit to top it off such as bananas or strawberries.
What is your favorite healthy treat?