This week I got the opportunity to practice yoga at the Goldeye’s stadium. It was a great event put on by lululemon where we got to practice yoga on the out on the baseball field before watching the Winnipeg Goldeye’s play ball. The money raised went to support a local charity, the field of dreams foundation ( http://goldeyes.com/community/field-of-dreams-foundation/). With the grass beneath our toes and the sun setting in the distance it was such a calming experience. It was a great addition to my weekly routine because it’s race time!!! I will be running my 5th half marathon this weekend. And I get to run alongside my very best friend while she runs her first half. It’s going to be so amazing and fun. I have no time pressure or goal for the race which is a first for me. My mind set is totally different then it has been in the past for other races. I intend to relax and enjoy the race and cross the finish line smiling!
With all the busyness around here I love having easy and fast go to recipes that are healthy for my family to eat. I make this dish almost weekly. I love the versatility of it because I can swap out different vegetables depending on what’s in the fridge (and what I need to use up) and it can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes.
The boys eat it and Chad loves it so it’s a winner in my books. Don’t be afraid to substitute different vegetables if you don’t have the ones in the recipe. I can’t wait for my garden to grow and use some fresh vegetables from it in this recipe.
Ground Turkey and Quinoa Stir Fry with Feta:
makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash original
- 1/4 cup feta to garnish
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on packaging
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat large frying pan (or wok) on med-high. Add 1 tbsp of oil olive
- Add the turkey to wok.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until turkey is done or until cooked through and no longer pink, breaking the turkey up as it browns.
- Add red onion, red pepper, asparagus, and edamame.
- Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir often.
- Now, add the cooked quinoa and tomato. Stir to blend.
- Combine lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and Mrs. Dash in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing in wok.
- Stir and cook for another minute.
- Turn heat down to med-low. Stir for another 2-3 minutes
Garnish with feta and enjoy!
Two thumbs up from Chase!!
What is your go to dinner recipe on a busy weeknight? Please share I would love to hear them.